Return to Play Protocols -Effective December 29, 2021
- All program participants are required to report any COVID-19 exposure or positive case to organization representative immediately.
- All sports organizations must notify the City within 24hrs of being advised of that report/situation.
- If a player/participant has attended a sports activity within 48 hours prior to testing positive for COVID-19, that player/participant must isolate as defined below AND the team must quarantine as defined below.
- If a player/participant has been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 outside of program activities, then just that player/participant must quarantine as defined below.
Quarantine: Quarantine if you have been in close contact (within 6 feet of someone for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with someone who has COVID-19.
- If unvaccinated OR completed the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine over 6 months ago without getting the booster OR completed the Johnson & Johnson over 2 months ago without getting the booster, quarantine for (5) days then can return but must wear a mask for an additional (5) days. If symptoms develop, encouraged to stay home and get tested.
- If fully vaccinated (participant has had booster OR completed the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine within the last 6 months OR completed the Johnson & Johnson within the last 2 months), participant does NOT need to quarantine if no symptoms of COVID-19 are shown, but is required to wear a mask for (10) days from exposure. If symptoms develop, stay home and recommended to get tested on day (5).
Isolation: Isolation is used when a participant has tested positive for COVID-19. People who are in isolation can be around others:
- After (5) days of testing positive as long as participant has no symptoms or symptoms are resolving.
- After testing negative on the 5th day or later.